Do you do half your face with makeup? I know I do sometimes.
From your nose up it drama ready and below your nose to chin drama free? Don’t judge me. I’m sure you have gone to the store in PJ’s and a winter coat. No one will ever know. I have done it. Don’t judge. This is a judge free zone.
So lets start. Its been months and you cant seem to figure out how to get your makeup to stay put under your mask. Here are a few tips I have discovered with all my products and testing.
- Start with clean skin. – Make sure you clean your face and neck are thoroughly before you apply anything to your skin. You will be happy with the skin results if you do this continually. A smooth canvas makes for beautiful art. Depending on your skin type, use the cleanser that works best for you.
2. Moisturize and Prime – This is a very important step because it will determine how long the foundation and concealer stays put. Moisturizing will keep your skin plump and luscious and primer will assist with the extension of the wear of the makeup keeping it in place a little longer. A trick is to use setting spray under and above the foundation.
3. DO NOT use cream foundations – Any type of cream foundation will simply melt and rub off onto the mask. The warmth from you exhaling will melt away the makeup so you need to wear a foundation that will withstand the elements. Long wear liquid makeups are a must. They are proven to withstand the heat and rubbing of the mask.
4. Set it all – Set your foundation with powder then use that setting spray one more time. This will make it stay put for hours.
5. Drama – Make your eyes pop because that’s the area that is exposed. To have a popping look with your mask just do a dramatic eye or any eye that you desire.